BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"Without Me you can do nothing"

Humbleness is something God has been trying to teach me...
I have a tendency to think I can do it on my own...
I start to think "I don't need help"...

Last night I was reminded of something though, and it has been pounding on my heart all day today too...

Jesus said,
"Without Me you can do nothing"
(John 15:5)

As I read those words it started to dawn on me that there are things in my life that I think I can do without Jesus being in control.
I think that I can handle it and Jesus doesn't need to take care of this or that...
"I got it!"
That's what I think...
maybe I'm crazy
or maybe you do that too...

I know that after I read this passage of Scripture and started praying about what it is that God was wanting to have control of I started to really feel convicted that He needs to be taking care of some more things...
things that I used to think I could take care of..

I can't take care of those "little" things on my own anymore...


God,
I pray that you take control of the things in my life that I don't think I need your help in. I know that without you I can do nothing, so i ask that you invade my life and take away my pride...
I need you Father! Be my everything!

0 comments: