BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 20, 2011

What we don't need to do...

"God doesn’t want us to come to him perfect."

This is a quote form Ed Cyzewski and his blog titled "In A Mirror Dimly" ( http://inamirrordimly.com/ )

To think that God doesn't expect me nor want me to come to Him in a perfect manner makes me smile.
I have always struggled with that...
I struggle with the thoughts of how imperfect I am and how God can't use me in this imperfect body.
I struggle with thoughts that because I am imperfect, not even close to perfection actually, God wont hear my prayers...
I worry that God wont help me...
I start to fall for the lie that I am worth less because I sin and I struggle...

I am not perfect

I will never be perfect

But I am covered

God doesn't see my sin anymore

He sees a young man blameless in His sight

Maybe I'll always struggle with these thoughts
These thoughts of how my imperfections can bring me down
Maybe you struggle with these same thoughts...

I want to end this post with a quote and some promises from the Word...

Your sin does not disqualify your worship - Chris Durso

Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day - 2 Cor. 4:16

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God - 2 Cor. 3:5

But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ. - Ephesians 2:4-5

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. - Galatians 2:20

0 comments: